MD of Bighorn
Community Peace Officer Level 1
(Permanent Full-Time Employment)
The MD of Bighorn is currently accepting applications for a permanent full-time Community
Peace Officer Level 1 within the Bylaw Enforcement Service. Duties will include enforcement
activities/patrols, record keeping, continued development of the Peace Officer program and
any other related tasks assigned by the Bylaw Enforcement/Safety Codes Officer. A detailed
position description can be provided to interested parties.
Applicants will possess the following qualifications and skills:
• Degree/Diploma in Police and Justice Studies or related field.
• Valid Class 5 Operators license, with clean abstract.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to perform physically demanding work, often in adverse conditions.
• Good communications skills, in both oral and written forms.
• First Aid/AED/CPR training.
• Experience with Microsoft Office.
• ICS 100/200 training an asset.
Preference may be given to those who possess a Diploma/Degree in Law Enforcement/
Criminology from a recognized post-secondary institution, have completed the Community
Peace Officer Level 1 training program or have previous law enforcement experience. Entry
level candidates who meet the necessary requirements to be appointed through the Solicitor
General and Public Security as a Community Peace Officer Level 1 will be considered.
Additional information for the CPO 1 position can be found on the MD’s website at:
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 29, 2021. Resumes should
be submitted in confidence to:
Robert Ellis, Chief Administration Officer
Municipal District of Bighorn No. 8
2 Heart Mountain Drive
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The MD of Bighorn thanks all applicants for their interest, but advises that only those
selected for an interview will be contacted.